Sunday, March 24, 2013

Back that $#!T Up!!!


Oh God, how I wish was talking about getting your grove on at a night club. A) I'm not that cool. I'm lucky I know what the "Harlem Shake" is. B) I think we all know that as a new mother the only club I'm seeing these days is a comedy club when I'm working OR the one in my dreams. But let's be real, the night club in my dreams has the theme to "Elmo's World" and "Baa Baa Black Sheep" playing on constant rotation. Believe me the only way it could be worse is if it was in techno.

No, the backing up I'm referring to is anything important on your cell phone. I mean ALL information- any of it-  photos, contacts, notes, voice notes etc...The reason I am so adamant about this because this last Saturday at the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Gardens while I'm visiting Texas with the girls (Baby Bean and the Chihuahua) I LOST MY PHONE aka "my life in a digital representation."

Now the crazy part of all of it is, someone actually picked it up. I know this because they answered it when I called. He even told me what he was wearing a turquoise shirt and that his wife was wearing white wearing and disclosed where he was with his wife and daughter so that he could return the phone that I'd only dropped 7 minutes before.

But we never hooked up, my battery died and it seems he didn't have the presence of mind to turn it in to "Lost and Found." As far as I know he walked off with it, sold it, tossed it in the trash can out of spite-- who the hell knows? All I know is that I don't have the majority of four months of pictures of my sweet baby! (This is also because although I have a Mac the iCloud only works if you have an iPhone, so I was iScrewed.)
 

There are no words for how upset I've been over this, but I'm also smart enough to keep things in perspective. I lost the photos which sucks, but it's not the end of the world. I still have my beautiful baby and plenty of opportunities for new pics. Let's just consider this an expensive lesson learned- one I paid with money for a new phone and with tears- lots and lots of tears.

So word to the wise especially you parents who don't want to miss a thing- Back That $#!T Up!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment