Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I AM the Stay "Puffed" Marshmallow WOMAN



No lie, I don’t remember the exact time it happened, but sometime in the past week and a half I went from looking and feeling like a normal person to the Stay Puft Marshmallow man from Ghostbusters who threatened to destroy NYC with his awesome gooey-ness.  Only I don't feel so awesome, I feel more like a sausage just poured into a really tight casing. 

Maybe it was the recent trip back home to Texas that triggered it. I went back for a roller coaster of events, my grandmother’s memorial service, a baby shower attended by my high school and childhood friends, my parents 45th wedding anniversary and my mom’s birthday- all within a span of 6 days. 

 Oh and in true Texas tradition where we have to out-do everyone in everything including the summer heat, the average temp was 101; however there was a day in there that it got up to 105. (By the way I don't know how any of my friends survived pregnancy in Texas. I have nothing but love and admiration for you. I applaud you all) The good new was it cooled off at night to about 99 which was nice – NOT! 


I think I drank my weight in water which should have helped, but I still puffed up. Well, my hands and feet did. I’m sure flying which does that to you normally didn’t help.

When my husband CJ came to pick me up from the airport he took one look at my feet and his eyes nearly popped out of his skull. Now, I’m the first to admit I don’t have the most gorgeous feet in the world. Yes, they are in proportion and fortunately I'm not riddled with crooked as toes from jamming them into high heel that were never really my size. My deal is that I have absolutely NO ARCH whatsoever- so they’re completely flat. (I guess that’s the Native American in me coming out.) So take flat already kinda chubby feet and add massing swelling and water retention and what do you get? The female Fred Flintstone or Edema- as all of the books and articles are calling it. I am pretty sure had our brakes gone out I could have stopped the car with my feet and my husband will back me up on this. Pregnancy 1 - Karith Nil.

No comments:

Post a Comment