Thursday, June 28, 2012

The Mommy Role as a Photographer

I LOVE having guest bloggers on Diary of a Pregnant Comedian. Here is a few honest words from my friend and professional photographer Abigail who is an incredible artist and new mommy. Please do visit her blog at: http://thetanorigroup.wordpress.com for more fun entries and tips on becoming a better photographer yourself.

Its 6am and I’m up with my son giving him some milk before he drifts back off to sleep. I’m up with him knowing that in an hour I’ll be up again ready to start my day full force. The whole day goes by pretty quickly lately, especially after giving birth. Every moment is consumed with some form of activity. Sending off emails, entertaining my son, feeding him or the dogs, changing diapers, making phone calls, rocking the little guy to sleep, doing laundry, cleaning the house, making more phone calls, making dinner and so on. That’s on a normal day. On days that I have a shoot, forget it! :) No one ever said being a mom would be easy. If they did.. they lied.

When I tell people that I am a full time photographer I get the, “Oh you must have it so easy!” or variations of that. Seriously, it’s a passion of mine, but its also a job. One that requires my time to grow this little business. Plus being a stay at home mom… well that’s a full time job all on its own. Am I right? So how do I do it? Planning, lots and lots of planning, and a glass of wine at the end of the night doesn’t hurt.

I feel blessed that I get to do what I love on both fronts, as a mom and a professional. Is it ever totally perfect and pretty? No, but us moms have been given a capability to do what most can’t. We are superheros in our own right and an unstoppable force.

On a parting note… if you like what you see on my blog (more is coming I promise!!), then please vote for me on Circle of Moms! Voting ends July 10th.

No comments:

Post a Comment