Saturday, May 26, 2012

Heartburn Hotel

Does NOT always spell R-E-L-I-E-F

I suppose I could have also titled this blog "Heartburn Hell!" Because that's where I am and what I've got right now. There are times, fortunately only brief moments in time, but still long enough to warrant a blog entry possibly two, that I feel like I'm burning alive from the inside. 

I am not exaggerating when I say it feels like hot molten lava is bubbling up my esophagus then sliding back down my chest. (Good times.) I've never felt anything like this. Sure heartburn is no stranger to me. I've over done it at an amusement park or BBQ cook-off. And when I was a kid there was a time that I was on too high a dosage of the asthma medicine and I developed a horrific case of acid reflux. This was before Prilosec and Zantac and right on the verge of Gaviscon so the only thing I could take at the time was Rolaids.  
Yes, while the other kids were busting out with their Fun Dip for a sweet treat I was pulling out my aluminum roll of indigestion medicine. (More good times!)


I think the worst part of this heartburn thing is that although it can occur any time of day it chooses to rise up (literally) and rear it's ugly fiery head right when I'm trying to go to sleep. So not right or fair. I've already been told that sleeping sitting up will help. God knows I've got enough pillows on the bed (much to my husband CJ's dismay.) Sure the heartburn subsides a little, but then guess who's not getting a comfortable night's sleep.

Though it's enough to drive one to drink the goal continues to be as holistic with this as possible so I've been scarfing papaya enzyme tablets. I must say, though I am loving the suggestions I'm getting from other mothers who've gone through this. Many of whom were gracious enough to comment on my Huffington Post article with remedies such as chocolate milk, mashed potatoes, licorice tablets, vinegar, pickle juice, even saurkraut was offered up.  The best one, although it would be considered taboo, was from a woman who e-mailed me privately- probably because she didn't want to be slammed with negative comments- but she told me back in the 70's when it was still someone frowned upon to drink alcohol- she would have a few sips of beer when her heartburn was totally out of control. All I'm going to say is that I'm willing to give all of these try, yes, even if I do end up having to drinking couple sips of Dos Equis out of a coffee mug. 

P.S. If you like this and other of my blog entries please vote for me as I've been nominated for a Top 25 Mom Blog of SoCal. You can vote everyday for the next 10 days here: http://www.circleofmoms.com/top25/Top-25-SoCal-Moms-2012?trk=t25_Top-25-SoCal-Moms-2012

Thanks for the love and support! 

  

1 comment:



  1. Thecongenital comedians if you want the hillarious funny jokes comedy and videos songs shortfilms etc.so you can

    ReplyDelete