Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Who's That Mean Girl in the Mirror?

Somehow someway in the past few weeks I've gone from Miss Congeniality to the Wicked Witch of the West, East, North and South. As someone originally from the South and having spent ample time on the East Coast, Mid-West and now West Coast I do feel I can claim all of those territories as my own. And at this point if anyone tries to stop me I will snatch a patch of hair out of their head so fast they won't know what hit them. I supposed what I'm saying is that in a matter of just a few short weeks I've gone from Snow-fricken' White to a Bad Ass Honey Badger. That's right- 'cause I don't care. I don't give a s#!t! Okay, that's not entirely true, but let's just say I have my moments. Or as I prefer to call them my "hormone surges". Although I am true to my emotional Cancerian roots, I'm more sensitive than moody. So this is new for me 'cause I've never been one of those women who dreaded my monthly visit from Aunt Flo. Sure every few months I get a little testy and cry at Kleenex commercials but nothing like this! I don't have a short fuse- I just don't have a fuse.  This is so very odd for me 'cause despite living most of the time in hectic frantic city in the world- NYC and being in (the ironically self-loathing) business of stand-up comedy I'm usually in a good mood 93.7% of the time. Not an exaggeration. That IS, well, was the honest to goodness truth! So much so I even put that on my on-line dating profile. I'm sure along w/ my photo that was an attractive feature to my husband. Poor bastard!



No comments:

Post a Comment