Wednesday, April 4, 2012

I Am In Awe

There are a lot of things I wonder about. Who is it exactly that determines what the hot colors are going to be next season? How is tofu made? How do nail polishes get their names? But since becoming prego at the top of my list of wonders is: How Does that Duggar Woman Do it?! Y'all know who I'm talking about, the woman in Arkansas who's on The Learning Channel's hit TV show "19 Kids and Counting." Even if you don't watch the show you have to have seen Michelle and her husband Jim Bob's mugs on the Today Show with their gaggle of children or gracing the cover People Magazine. They've been on there more times than George Clooney has been voted "Sexiest Man Alive"- and that's happened a few thousand times already.

Since becoming pregnant myself, and mind you I'm not that far along, but I already know what a mind and body altering experience it is! I'm not complaining- becoming a mommy is something I've dreamed of since I was a little girl. And I'll admit I always thought I'd look kinda cute with a baby bump. But what was in my head versus the reality is oh, just a touch different. Yes, it's a miracle and one that I embrace whole-heartedly, but it's an exhausting, draining, nauseating miracle that I can't believe that a woman like Michelle Duggar does on an almost annual basis. 



I'll be honest here as I have been and will continue to be my entire blog- I have been making fun of this woman for a few years now- and not just because all 19, 20...35 of her children have names that begin with the letter J.  But now I don't know if I'm scared of her or just completely in awe. This is my first pregnancy and she's had dozens- literally! I'm not condoning nor am I celebrating people like her who have children like it's their mission and responsibility to re-populate planet earth all on their own. But I will say that having gone through this madness twenty-some times this b*tch DOES deserve a tv show- actually her vagina really deserves the tv show but something tells me that TLC might not air that. Your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment