Monday, June 25, 2012

Fruity Baby


Cool news Everyone! Today my baby is the size of a pomegranate. At least that's what Thebump.com informed me this morning. That's cool- I suppose.

Last week "Baby Bean" was a banana (Odd, but I guess they know what they're talking about.) Before that I believe navel orange was the description du jour or du semaine (for my Frenchies out there). I think it's very interesting that all these mommy-to-be sites compare the size of my unborn child to a piece of fruit.  

Fortunately, I like fruit so it's all good, but I can't help but wonder if (in a perfect world) men gave birth- what would the objects of comparison be? Tools, sandwiches, sports objects? 

Seriously. What if for guys the size of their embryo was compared to balls. Men LOVE balls especially their own, right? What if in the beginning the baby is a marble, then a golf ball, then tennis ball followed closely by bocci ball, etc? 


Then when you, rather HE, starts showing all the updates are about your softball, football, volley ball & basketball. But, they save the best for last when the baby is ready to go at 40 weeks all the talk is about your beach ball just to make it cute and not seem as strenuous as it really is, so let's be honest, I think we ALL know it's more of a medicine ball by that point.

1 comment:

  1. I think my fav has been the animal sizes thrown in on one site. It listed the baby at 5months as a small gecko type! I was rolling around laughing so hard. I want to call it "Gordan Gecko!" or "Sticky pads inside!" (great maternity tee there)

    ReplyDelete