Saturday, August 11, 2012

The XXX Factor



And no, I'm not talking about the 30th Olympics. I'm talking about something that's probably happened to ALL of us at least once in our lives. But it happens A LOT more at night when you're deep in sleep and your pregnancy hormones take a hold.  Not that you really get THAT much sleep with you're this far along. Hello, it's hard to find a comfortable position, Baby is moving around like they're auditioning for the fetal version of America's Got Talent, and you get hot flashes like your middle-aged high school math teacher who's always sipping on her ice coffee that's WAY more ice than coffee.


I'll warn you now, if you’re a prude you may want to skip this blog entry. ‘Cause I’m going to air some truly dirty laundry. The good news is I know I’m not the only one, but I don’t know how many women will freely share about this. Since becoming pregnant I have been having some FREAKY dreams and I don’t mean I dream that I’m walking down the street and halfway down the road a talking unicorn shows up and offers me a lift to the Macy’s One Day sale. (Although that would be awesome.)
 I mean I’ve been having Rick James type of freaky, Too Short, Prince (before he was a Jehovah's Witness) type of freaky dreams. Where sometimes my husband is there, sometimes he’s not- sometimes there's another girl (I knowah!) but there’s ALWAYS a lack of clothes- usually mine and that someone else’s. I won't go into any more detail 'cause this is a "family friendly" blog. But feel free to use your imagination.  

I don’t know why I’m having these incredibly intense sexual dreams- is it the hormones? Is it my mind preparing me for the “little break” I’m going to have to take after birth- so it’s getting it all in now. I don’t know, but sometimes I wake up flushed. Sometimes I wake up a little embarrassed that I was SO uninhibited. But I always wake with a smile on my face!

9 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAA......I TOLD YOU THIS WOULD HAPPEN. Yes, and i have to admit, they get really intense. There's probably lots of explanations for why these dreams happen, but honestly, i didn't care. Though the Rick James/Prince freaky factor...right up there. I had one where my hubs and i were gettin' it on.....during a tornado. Dorothy anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. I wrote an entire post about this. Once I had sex with a tree. Once with Eddie Murphy and once with a coffee cup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally been there and done the freaky dreams too Darling! It didn't matter with who, how many, male female... might as well have put some animals in there too! Sheesh, I think I need to powder my nose as it's feeling a bit warm in here... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm about a week or so further along than you are so I can relate to what you've been going through at just about the same time as you are.
    In my dreams I am either a lesbian or the male version of myself and all of these dreams are extremely sexual. There was one where I was a lesbian, having sex with a random woman who I believe may have been an alien. (too explicit to go into why I think she was an alien) The dream was so weird and so graphic that it actually disturbs me to think about it. Unfortunately, my real-life partner has yet to make an appearance in any of my dreams thus far.
    -Mamma D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies for your candidness- it's nice to know we're all in the same boat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It would happen to me all the time! Especially in the beginning and end of my pregnancy! So nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am 25 weeks pregnant and I am so glad to hear I'm not the only person having these insane dreams! It has to be the hormones. Everything in pregnancy somehow gets blamed on the hormones right?

    Amanda

    everydaybandb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete