Monday, May 7, 2012

Green-Eyed Monster Monday

Welcome to this week's Green-Eyed Monster Monday: Who I'm Jealous of Today and Why? And the winner IS... (drum roll please) any woman who still has 100% complete control of her bladder. I'll give you 3 guesses on who didn't know this too was one of the awesome side effects of being pregnant. Thanks again Mother Nature for this  not so pleasant surprise. The only reason I know about this fun little diddy is because a few weeks ago I had one of the worst colds I've ever had ('cause your immune system gets a little compromised when you've got another life form to support from the inside- also news for a normally healthy individual.)
I sneezed and coughed like nobody's business. Sure my stomach muscles got a touch stronger, but my kegel muscles were like, "Whoa Miss Thang- we've got A LOT going on right now and you really haven't been exercising us lately sooo...." Then like a guy you really dig, but he's breaking up with you they (my keegs) said, "It's not you, it's us. So, we're not gonna be able to work as effectively as we did before."  Yes, my body and it's various parts talk to me.
There have been times recently when I've had a helluh big sneeze. I knew it was coming- I prepared with the tissue etc...I was still not prepared for what would happen downstairs when, yes, I peed a little. Same thing happened when I had a coughing fit. But the worst one was when I was walking down the street in Brooklyn to visit a great friend who just became a mother to twins and some teenage kid handing out flyers said, "Hey Lady- you know who you look like?" I had to stop to hear this one because it's always interesting hearing who people think I resemble. The answers I've gotten have run the gamut from Pam Grier (HUGE compliment) to a "brown Sarah Jessica Parker" (um, still a compliment. Right? Watch my stand-up comedy @ this here.) But this young brother blew me away when he said, and I kid you not, "Britney Spears."  That made me laugh so hard, that yes, I peed a little. I mean come on you would too- bladder control or not!

P.S. If you like this and other of my blog entries please vote for me as I've been nominated for a Top 25 Mom Blog of NY. You can vote everyday for the next 10 days here: 

 http://www.circleofmoms.com/top25/Top-25-New-York-Moms-2012?trk=t25_Top-25-New-York-Moms-2012

No comments:

Post a Comment