Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Ahh! The Smell of... Arby's???






Now before anyone gets excited or criticizes my choice of fast food. Let me just say here that this blog entry isn't about woofing down one of my favorite classic sandwiches from the very well-known and liked national chain whose logo I just realized is a giant hat. (You'd have thought I would have known that years ago- I just always thought it was a slightly retarded brown Grimace.) Don't ask.



Instead, I'm sorry to say this blog entry is about what happens after one has eaten and digested- Arby's... or more specifically breast milk. Potty humor is NOT my style but I did feel compelled to write about this topic now because, to be honest, I initially thought it would be just a one time thing. 

I thought that it was just a crazy coincidence that the first time my baby had a pooh (not the meconium they get rid of right after birth), but the REAL deal- it smelled like a Beef 'n Cheddar. I swear to Godiva I'm not making this up. 


This is upsetting for me on multiple levels. 

A) because while I pride myself on not eating as much fast food as the "typical American" I do have a weak spot for Arby's and their aforementioned signature sandwich. 

 B) My close friends and folks on Facebook whom I confided in said that I was crazy or hallucinating. I'm still not sure how you hallucinate a smell...or at least a smell like that?!


A few people did attribute it to my hormones still adjusting and being out of whack. Maybe so. But whatever the case you have to admit that if I'm not eating Beef 'n Cheddars and my baby sure as heck isn't eating Beef 'n Cheddars then why is her pooh smelling that way? And how long will it last?

The truly ironic thing is that I've didn't eat or even crave an Arby's Beef 'n Cheddar while I was pregnant. If you were following me during that time you know I was all about Chipotle's Chicken Burrito Bowl. I think I ate a Beef 'n Cheddar once after giving birth. But since the association with this now acrimonious smell it may be off my favorite sandwich list for a while.

I'm super curious- have any other moms or dads had a similar experience with their infants dirty diaper situation? Please let me know I'm not alone on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment